According to numerous HP users, an error message appears on Windows when running the HP printer setup tool, stating, HP printer sisetup.exe Blocked by the administrator. This error stems from a lack of permissions, as Microsoft has implemented a safeguard requiring authorization for running installers or any software.
As the error indicates, the issue solely arises from insufficient permission problems. This article presents a compilation of foolproof methods to swiftly resolve the “HP printer Sisetup.exe Blocked by the Administrator” error, allowing you to resume normal functionality. Explore the solutions provided below.
Invincible Fixes for HP Printer Sisetup.Exe Blocked by The Administrator Issue
FIX 1: Unblock the printer installer:
According to users who have encountered the issue, unblocking the printer installer can quickly resolve the “HP printer Sisetup.exe Blocked by the Administrator” problem. To find out how, take the following actions:
Begin by navigating to File Explorer and opening the file blocked by SmartScreen.
- Right-click on the installer file, and from the sub-menu, select Properties.
- Go to the General tab in the vertical menu, and in the Security section, check the box next to the “Unblock” option.
- To apply the changes, click Apply and then OK.
- Once completed, rerun the installer and check if the issue has been resolved.
NOTE: If the file is successfully unblocked, SmartScreen should permit the installation to proceed. In case the error persists, we recommend attempting to run the installer as an Administrator.
To run the installer as an Administrator, follow the steps provided below:
- Begin by navigating to File Explorer and locate the folder where the installer is stored.
- Right-click on the installer file, and from the menu, select “Run as Administrator.” If prompted by User Account Control, click “Yes.”
Follow the instructions displayed on your computer screen, and finally, verify whether this step has resolved the issue.
FIX 2: Create a new user profile:
Creating a new user profile can swiftly resolve the “HP printer sisetup.exe blocked by the administrator” issue. To determine if this solution is effective in your situation, follow the steps outlined below:
- Start by launching the Settings window by simultaneously pressing WINDOWS + I.
- Navigate to Accounts, and then select “Family & other users” from the left-pane menu.
- In the Other Users area, scroll down and select “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Choose the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” on the next prompt, and then click “Add a user without a Microsoft account.”
- Enter/Type a User Name and click Next. (Optional: You can also enter a password; if you do, ensure to fill in the security questions.)
- Click on the newly created account, then select “Change account type.”
- Open the drop-down menu and choose the Administrator option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After completing these steps, restart your computer, log in to the newly created profile, and run the HP printer installer. Test the printer functionality, and then log in with your personal profile to confirm that the HP printer sisetup.exe Blocked issue has been resolved.
FIX 3: Install the printer on the administrator account:
If none of the previously mentioned fixes proves effective, consider installing the printer on the administrator account. This method has successfully helped many users, and we hope it provides a similar solution for your case. Follow the steps below:
- Begin by launching the Command Prompt window. In the desktop search bar, type “cmd,” and open the relevant search result, ensuring that you launch it with Administrator access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or Copy + Paste the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
- This action enables the hidden administrator account on your computer. Close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your computer; you may now see an account named Administrator. Consider logging in to this account.
- If you are currently logged into your personal account, press Windows + L simultaneously and sign in with the new administrator account.
- Under the administrator account, run the HP printer installer file and check if the issue has been resolved.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from your computer and reconnect it only when prompted by the installer.
- Now that the printer is installed, test its functionality. If it works correctly, you can disable the administrator account.
To enable the administrator account through Computer Management:
- Open the desktop search bar and type “Computer management,” then open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Computer Management window, expand the “Local User and Groups” option, click on “Users,” and double-click on the “Administrator” option in the right-pane menu.
- On the next prompt, uncheck the checkbox next to the “Account is disabled” option.
- Finally, click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
To disable the administrator account:
- Launch the Command Prompt window by going to the desktop search bar, typing “cmd,” and opening the relevant search result with Administrator access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or Copy + Paste the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active: no
- Once completed, restart your computer and log in to your personal account.
Now, it’s essential to verify whether the “HP printer Sisetup.exe Blocked by the Administrator” issue has been successfully resolved.
We’ve diligently explored and presented solutions for the HP printer Sisetup.exe Blocked problem. The three solutions outlined above have been tried, tested, and proven effective for a majority of users who encountered similar issues. Even if after applying all the fixes mentioned above are not able to troubleshoot the error then, reach out to HP Technical Support Forum where professional tech savvy available for you to solve all your printer related problem promptly. Our IT experts offer doorstep assistance also to ensure you get the most out of your HP printer and consistently print documents with excellent quality.