In spite of being an innovative technology, the HP Printer often encounters various issues, such as paper jams, ghost jams, and the common problem of printer only printing half page. Many HP Printer users face these challenges, and there could be several underlying reasons behind these issues need to be addressed immediately.
Dealing with a situation where your printer stops halfway through printing a page can be both annoying and frustrating at the same time. If you’re looking for a practical solution to resolve this problem swiftly and effortlessly, you’ve come to the right place. This blog delves into the causes behind HP printer only printing half page issue and provides effective troubleshooting techniques for the same. So, read this informative and comprehensive blog thoroughly and enhance your insights on how to deal with this issue.
Why Is Printer Only Printing Half a Page?
It won’t be an exaggeration to say an Ink cartridge is actual printer hardware. It plays a pivotal role in printing high quality printouts. That is why, whenever the color/black ink cartridges are empty or go low, this sort of issue occurs and hampers your printing work. Consequently, most of the time, it can be seen that bottom of the page is not printed. It makes the printer users frustrated and needs immediate attention.
Below are some underlying reasons of HP printer only printing Half a page.
- Uncleaned Print Head
- Incorrect paper size or layout settings.
- The cartridge is running low.
- Printer malfunctions and errors.
- Outdated and corrupted printer drivers.
Cracking the code for Printer printing half-page error
Check the Document for the Correct Size:
Wrong paper choice might be the reason behind the HP printer only printing half page issue. If it happens, then it causes problem to HP printer in delivering the quality printouts. As a result, using the app configuration ribbon, you must alter the page size of the document you are printing. Microsoft Word users can change it just by applying below mentioned steps.
- Open the document you wish to print on Microsoft Word.
- Tap on the Layout tab.
- Select Size under the tab and select the correct size for the document.
Afterward, try printing the document and see if the problem has been fixed.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer:
Merely uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer can resolve most of the printer-related issues on your computer.
- Right-click on the “Start” button and select “Settings” option.
- Click on “Devices” tab in the settings page.
- On the devices page, select “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Under this section, find and select your printer, and click on “Remove Device” button.
- Afterward, select “Yes” to eliminate the printer from the list.
- Select “Plus” from the menu next to the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option.
- Windows will automatically find your printer. Click on the printer name to continue.
- Select “Add Device” and wait for Windows to establish a connection with your printer.
- After that, choose the printer from the list and press the “Manage” button.
- Click on the “Set as default” button to proceed.
- Then, again, go to the printers and scanners page to see if your printer is set as the default printer.
Now you should try printing the document again and check if the problem has been resolved.
Check the ink cartridges of your printer:
If half page printing problem arises, then first and foremost thing to do is checking the ink level. As low ink level can cause many problems including printer only printing half page HP.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant on your Windows PC as an initial step
- Afterwards, place a single tap on the “Estimated cartridge Levels” tab.
- Now, the app will show the estimated level ink in the cartridges.
- If you find that ink level is low, not enough or expired, then change the cartridges with the new one, ensuring its authenticity.
Remove and Reinstall HP Printer Drivers:
Your printing experience might be severely hampered by outdated or damaged printer drivers. Remove any outdated drivers from your computer and download the most recent ones for your printer model to resolve such problems.
Here’s how you can remove and reinstall HP printer drivers.
- Navigate to “Control Panel” on your computer device.
- Select “Hardware and Sound” > “Printers and Devices.”
- Choose your printer in the list and select on “Printer Server Properties.”
- Now, click on the “Drivers” Tab.
- Choose your HP printer from the available list of installed printers.
- Click on “Remove” button.
- Then, select “Remove Driver Only” and click “Ok” > “Yes” to confirm.
- Restart the computer.
- It’s time to download HP printer setup software from the manufacturer’s website.
- Afterwards, run the software setup and choose “Connect a New Printer” option.
- Print a test page after carefully following the on-screen directions.
Clean the Print Heads:
Print heads can become clogged with dust and dried ink over time, which causes uneven printing or printer only printing half page issue. To remove any obstacles, use the printer’s built-in cleaning tool. Using a lint-free cloth and distilled water, you can manually clean the print heads if necessary. For correct cleaning procedures, always refer to your printer’s manual.
By using the aforementioned troubleshooting technique, users can fix their HP printer only printing half page issue. But, many times issues don’t get resolved easily and become worst even. Don’t worry! We are here to help you out anytime and anywhere. Our technical experts who have years of experience in solving such issue are available at your service. You can contact us via toll-free number, e-mail, live chat, or by visiting HP Printer support site and get in touch with us to enjoy a hassle free printing experience. Contact a member of our apt team at any time and visit our website to learn more.